The mission of our farm is to create and build relationships with our community. And through these relationships, show and share the character of our heavenly father. At the same time we want to provide quality locally grown food to as many people as possible. We also believe this is an opportunity for people to learn how to grow their own as well. ( Like the Chinese proverb, “Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, but teach him how to fish and he eats for a lifetime.”)
We are not certified organic (due to cost), but follow organic farming guidelines. We believe that God has given us all the things we need to be healthy, we just need to quit poisoning ourselves. On top of quality food, we get out in the fresh air and exercise as we work the soil and tend to the plants.
Guidelines For Use of Community Garden
- This is an organic garden. Please use only heirloom seeds/plants. No GMO (genetically modified) seeds or plants
- Please do not use pesticides or herbicides. If you are having trouble with unwanted guests, please ask a garden coordinator for ideas and/or help.
- Please bring your own tools to work in your garden. We can suggest tools if you don’t have any.
- Your plot/box is your responsibility. For the health of the entire garden, weeds must be kept to a minimum. Allowing weeds to go to seed may result in loss of garden privileges.
- Please be respectful of other plots and do not disturb them.
- Buckets are available for weeding. Please do not leave pulled weeds on the ground around the boxes.
- Produce from your plot is for personal use or to give away. Produce from your plot may not be sold.
- Hoses for watering will be provided. However, if you wish to use drip irrigation, you will have to provide it yourself.
- Please be respectful of our neighbors by keeping noise levels down during early morning and late evening hours.
- Most importantly, have fun and may God bless your garden.
If you have questions, comments, suggestions or want to get involved, get a hold of us firstname.lastname@example.org
Farm Rules and Etiquette
- Only organic pest and herbicide solutions
- Please keep isles clear to keep the area safe